Since Apologetics Index first went online, in September, 1996, this website has grown to include - to-date - pages. Yet, relevant information is easy to find.
- First check the A-Z index
- Subjects are listed alphabetically
- Personal names are indexed as follows: Last, First
- Use the search engine (powered by Google)
- There is no need to include "and" between terms.
- Surround a phrase in quotes, "like this"
- You may use boolean searches
- The order in which the terms are typed will affect the search results, so try different combinations of words and terms.
- At the top of the 'search results' page, you can select to repeat your search (or perform a new search) on the World Wide Web, Religion News Blog, or again at Apologetics Index.
- Search our religion news database at ReligionNewsBlog.com.
By the way: throughout the site, you'll notice different page designs. The oldest entries date back to 1996. The page design was updated from time to time, but by the time we figured out how to easily update previous designs it was too late... Hence the different 'looks' throughout the site. In December, 2005, we started using the WordPress blogging software as our content management system which, among things, allows us to easily update our design.
On many pages throughout the site a simple color-coding system is used to help you identify the general background of sites, articles and other listings.
Grey Zone or Offkey
Aberrational, Heretical, Heterodox, Suborthodox or Unorthodox
Profess to be Christian but are outside orthodox Christianity.
These keys are meant as handy visual aids - not full-blown theological commentaries. For example, they are helpful to quickly find a site that addresses Scientology from a Christian perspective, or one that deals with Wicca from a non-Christian viewpoint. They are not meant to convey, say, the degree of orthodoxy or heresy.
Throughout the site, you'll encounter these two other keys:
Incidates an off-site link
Blue border to the left of blocks of text = Quoted material
In This Entry
About This Page: