Apologetics Index - which includes Religion News Blog - is the online part of a small, Christian ministry in Amsterdam, the capital of the Netherlands.
It is an independent, personal ministry operated by Anton and Janet Hein and by Ruud Hein.
Our online work is described here.
Our offline ministry includes
- providing counseling and practical help to people in need,
- teaching fellow-Christians to understand and apply God's grace and mercy - gifts that set Christians free from legalism, and instead allow us to become expressions of Jesus who lives in and through us (see Galatians 2:20).
- Providing practical help to people in need.
- providing hospitality to Christians who need a time-out, as well as to Christian ministers visiting - or on their way through - Amsterdam, and
- leading the Bethlehem House Church.
Apologetics Index and Religion News Blog are provided free of charge, as is our offline ministry. We will always keep it that way, and we do not want anyone to feel in any way obligated to donate anything.
However, since our personal budget does not at all allow for the expenses associated with our work, we depend almost entirely on free-will donations. (We receive small commissions from Google's advertisement program and from the sale of Amazon.com products).
Therefore we rely on donations in order to pay for site- and ministry related expenses such as:
- monthly ISP bill (our internet access):
€ 79.95 (Euro)/month ($106/month)
- our web-hosting bills (from the service where our sites are located):
$239/month Dedicated server with plenty of space and high-bandwidth allowance for Apologetics Index, Religion News Blog, and related sites.)
- domain names (e.g. apologeticsindex.org, countercult.com, religionnewsblog.com, and 20 more, pointing at various sections and services of Apologetics Index):
- upgrades of web-building programs and utilities
- backup CDs
- purchase of research material
- other ministry-related expenses (phone, postage, etcetera).
In our offline ministry we frequently meet people who desperately need a financial gift. While Holland has a fantastic social services system (even with the current changes being introduced to comply with European Union rules) many people fall through the cracks. These people include asylum seekers, so-called 'white illegals' (people who have worked and lived here for a long time, but who are caught up in burocatric red tape), and the so-called 'working poor.' To these people, a financial gift - often even a relatively small one - can mean the difference between keeping or losing their home, or enable them to buy clothes, medicines, or other necessary items.
If you wish to designate your donation for these purposes, please indicate so by including the statement: "To pass on to others."
Donations are needed, welcome and much appreciated - for both our online and offline work.
If you are willing and able to help us financially, you can safely and securely do so via Paypal, Moneybookers, or a bank transfer:
Donate via PayPal
(How it works)
You can donate with a credit card or checking account, and you can use PayPal to send donations in U.S. Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Euros, Pounds Sterling, and Yen.
Click here if you would like to donate an other amount.
MonthlyThis option is for those who would like to donate a set amount on a monthly basis.
If you wish to donate a different amount on a monthly basis, please email us at:
Note: You can cancel your recurring donation (shown at PayPal as a "subscription") at any time by logging in to your PayPal account and selecting the "Subscriptions" option under "My Account."
Using Moneybookers is safe and secure. Learn more about Moneybookers.
If you have any questions, comments of concerns, please feel free to contact us.
If you prefer to donate via direct bank transfer instead, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org for the details. .
Thanks for your help!
Love, Grace, and Mercy,
Anton and Janet Hein
Publishers, Apologetics Index
In This Entry
About This Page: